The right fit.
We hear it from our clients, every day: a bigger law firm isn’t always the best fit. At Black & Jones, we think that it’s important to be the right fit for you, and every one of our clients. We also think it’s important to be connected to our community; that’s why we live where we work.
I’m owner/partner Tracy Jones, and Rockford is my home. I grew up and attended high school in Rochelle and graduated from NIU. Then, I earned my law degree from The John Marshall Law School in Chicago while working as a judicial clerk in the 16th Judicial Circuit.
I’ve been representing the people of Northern Illinois right here in my own backyard every day, for the past 13 years.
Always your advocates
A lot of times, clients start with a big national or Chicago-based law firm, thinking they’ll get something bigger and better—only to find out they are just a case number at those places. Then they come to us because here, it’s just the opposite.
At Black & Jones, we hear you. You are treated with respect and given the attention you deserve.
It’s our mission to help you.
We’re here to listen and be your advocate.
We’re here to provide justice by protecting your rights—and the rights of your family.
When something has gone wrong in your life due to an accident, injury or disability, you can feel stressed, confused, and worst of all, isolated. We do everything we can to put those feelings to rest and to make sure you don’t feel isolated.
Every step of the way
We greet you warmly, meet with you personally, and pair you with an experienced attorney who has expertise in your area of need, whether it’s:
- Workers’ Compensation
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Veterans’ Compensation
- Police & Firemen Disability Pension Claims
From the moment you make the first call, we’re here for you, every step of the way.
The right firm gets to know you
We know that it’s important to get to know each other and make sure we’re the right fit.
One unique way we work: you don’t get passed around from person to person, like you do at other firms. You don’t have to re-tell your story over and over again.
Getting to know you
We listen right the first time, and give you our complete attention from the very beginning. From start to finish, you and your case are given full support by the same attorney and team.
We help you navigate the legal system by providing exactly the information you need. We call it client education—we take it very seriously and are transparent in our efforts on your behalf.
But, we’re more than just legal experts, we’re your advocates. We tell you the truth.
We get to know you and you get to know us. Often, that means we develop and maintain a personal and professional relationship, and many of our clients become clients for life.
Check out our Client Testimonials!
How we work
We believe that an informed client gets the best results. That’s why we make sure you understand what is going on with your case, throughout the process.
We make sure you have the paperwork and documentation you need, and stay up-to-date on everything, including your treatment and recovery. We don’t talk over your head, and we answer your questions completely. We also know that questions come up later. We welcome your follow-up questions and answer your calls promptly. It’s all part of how we help you feel at ease.
With Black & Jones, you have someone local to help you:
- Answer nagging questions as they come up
- Gather medical records, payroll information, and any other details needed to make your claim as strong as possible
- Prepare all court documents and paperwork necessary and can represent you during the hearing
- Prepare you, and all witnesses of your accident or incident, for the court hearing, if necessary
There are many advantages to working with Black & Jones. Here are just a few:
- We have two decades of experience in the industry.
- Over the past 20 years, we have proudly worked with families across Northern Illinois.
- Our experienced lawyers have recovered millions of dollars in payments and settlements.
- Our firm is bilingual, and we provide English and Spanish speakers access to quality legal care.
- We’re big enough to offer the expertise you need, but small enough to treat you like family.
- Our attorneys covers a wide range of areas, including personal injury, workers’ compensation, automobile accidents, and more. Not sure what kind of legal help or type of lawyer you need? We’re here to help.